Treatment for pain
Poor Wound Healing
Chronic Myofascial Pain
Carpal Tunnel Syndrome
Neuropathy and Neuropathic Pain
Complex Regional Pain Syndrome
WHAT IS FREQUENCY SPECIFIC MICROCURRENT?
- A treatment in which an electrical current, below the level of sensation, is delivered to specific areas of the body.
- The current targets specific tissues and provides an electrical charge that enables the cells to return to normal bioelectrical function.
- Used for pain management.
- Done by a therapist or doctor wearing graphite gloves, which conduct the current, making it a kind of massage with an electric charge.
Some people have had dramatic relief from Fibromyalgia, and other forms of chronic myofascial and nerve pain with this method.
HOW LONG HAS THIS METHOD BEEN USED?
- Microcurrent was developed in the early 1930’s and is now becoming more available due to improved technology.
- It has been in recent use for over 15 years, and is promoted by Dr, Carolyn McMacken of Portland Oregon.
HOW DOES ELECTRICITY HELP THE BODY TO HEAL?
- Electrons (electricity) are generated by the metabolism (the process of breaking down food for energy.)
- The electrons are transported to the mitochondria (powerhouses of the cells) to make ATP (your energy currency)
- The body uses this energy currency making and healing tissues and organs.
- Without enough ATP, your body runs out of energy and you can’t heal.
- When we use microcurrent, we supply electrons for generating ATP without having to do the metabolic work to get them. We can therefore jump start a healing response.
HOW LONG DO THE CHANGES LAST?
Changes to the muscles seem to be long lasting. About 60 – 80% of the changes created in one treatment last until the next treatment, about 4 to 7 days. Your muscles are used to being the way they are and may return to the old configuration if not treated again. Although patients have had permanent changes in one treatment, the average number of treatments depends on the complexity of the problem.
HOW CAN WE DIRECT AN ELECTRIC CURRENT TO A SPECIFIC TISSUE?
Every organ and tissue of the body vibrates at a different frequency and contains a “binding energy” that holds the molecules together.
When we direct an electric current of a particular frequency into the body, it “resonates” with the tissue that vibrates at that frequency. We can therefore direct the current to that particular tissue.
To illustrate that the phenomenon of resonance reality exists, we can imagine two violins across the room from one another. If you pluck the E string on one violin, the E string on the other violin will begin to vibrate, even though nobody has touched the second violin! This is the principle of resonance.
Now imagine the microcurrent device as the first violin and your body as the second violin. Delivering the current produces the vibrations, and the tissue resonates with the vibration of the current. Since the frequencies for many organs and tissues are known, we simply dial in the frequency for that particular organ tissue.
WHAT ARE THE SIDE EFFECTS?
There is no record of any permanent harm done by Frequency Specific Micro-current.
If you have a spinal cord injury or a disc bulge pressing on your spinal cord, you may have a temporarily exaggerated response.
Microcurrent changes the muscle tissue, removing long stored waste products and increasing cellular metabolism so quickly that there is often a detoxification reaction after treatment. The side effects can include nausea, fatigue, drowsiness, a temporary increase in pain or a flu-like feeling. The side effects usually start about 90 minutes after treatment and may last for 4 to 24 hours. Not everyone has side effects.
HOW DOES MICROCURRENT HELP TISSUE TO RELEASE UNHEALTHY VIBRATIONAL PATTERNS?
- Conditions such as inflammation, pain, and stress form vibrational patterns in the tissue, which are stored in the cell until they are actively released.
- When the frequencies are correct, microcurrent seems to be able to resonate with biological tissue changing the vibrational patterns of the cellular memory, and helping to release the unhealthy patterns.
- Once the tissue is changed and stable, it seems to be able to stay in the new configuration with proper nutritional support.
WHAT CAN I DO ABOUT THE SIDE EFFECTS?
Not everyone experiences side effects but if they do, drinking plenty of water in the two hours following the treatment usually alleviates the situation.
On the other hand, people will often feel a sense of well being and a decreased pain level immediately following the treatment. This could be due to release of Endorphins, your body’s own natural pain relievers.