Balancing body chemistry with nutrition is essential for our bodies to work properly and thrive and more importantly to prevent disease. Essential nutrients from food such as vitamins, minerals, certain amino acids and fats are important for healthy bodies. We used blood chemistry results to document the factors that are responsible for your symptoms.
When looking to get to the root of many health conditions we need to uncover nutritional deficiencies or excess that may be causing the health issues such as:
- allergies (food allergies/sensitivities and environmental)
- blood sugar dysregulation (diabetes, insulin resistance, metabolic syndrome)
- cardiovascular conditions (high cholesterol, poor lipid values, high triglycerides, atherosclerosis)
- blood pressure dysregulation
- hormonal imbalances
- immune dysfunction (autoimmune, weak immunity)
- digestive conditions (IBS, colitis, Crohn’s, constipation, diarrhea)
- inflammation and pain
- nutritional deficits (poor vitamin and mineral absorption)
- skin conditions (acne, eczema, psoriasis, rosacea)
- neurological disorders (mood, depression, cognition)
- weight loss
- toxicity and detoxification (chemicals, heavy metals, toxins, viruses)
- and much more…
During your functional medicine consultations we will get information from your medical history assessment, conventional and/or comprehensive functional lab tests and other diagnostic analysis and criteria in the gathering of information. This process will help to make sense of your particular nutritional status and needs.
There are many things you can do to take the right steps for nutrition. That is where our nutritionist, Angela T. Russo can help get you started in the right direction. To get there we may require some insight from some lab tests that are important for determining your nutritional status. Lab tests may include some of the following:
- A conventional CBC blood count test to access your blood sugar, liver and immune function, inflammation markers, cardiovascular markers, electrolytes, some vitamins and minerals, and more.
- Food allergies and/sensitivities and environmental allergies.
- Digestive function through blood or stool analysis
- Toxins such as viruses, bacteria, chemical or heavy metals.
- and more…
Remember, there’s no perfect approach for everyone.
That’s why this form of discovery is important. If you are working with this approach, what you are allergic to is going to be different from what somebody else is allergic to. One person may have toxic metals and another person may not. The discovery process allows for the perfect approach for you. The perfect approach is finding the root of your symptoms through discovering your nutritional imbalances.
Dr. Jill Fetell and our resident Functional Nutritionist, Angela T. Russo have you covered when it comes time to putting it all together and building a healthy nutrition plan that addresses any nutritional imbalances that may be affecting your health and even your weight goals. Angela works with patients by creating the optimal diet plan and supplements that address your specific needs and goals.
Angela’s diet plans include a variety of diet approaches from the elimination diet, anti-inflammatory diet, paleo diet, keto diet, low-carb diet, plant-based diet and more. You best diet plan is determined from your nutritional consultation and assessment. From there a customized nutrition plan is created just for you and reviewed in subsequent follow-ups. You will embark on a detailed diet plan that addresses your nutritional deficiencies and/or excess, learn what foods to eat and foods to avoid, with an ideal food list, get a diet specific shopping list and receive delicious healthy recipes to keep you on track.
It’s Time to Take Action!
There is only one way you can make change real in your life, and that is to take action. Make the commitment to eat well every day because it really is such a simple way to attain true health and transform your life!